Board of Directors
- Mining Engineer with over 50 years of experience in the mining industry.
- He has been responsible for the development, implementation, commissioning and operation of new mining projects as well as management of various world-class operations.
- Director of the Codelco Board (2010-2014).
- President of Compañía Doña Inés de Collahuasi (2007-2009) and Falconbridge Copper Business Unit.
- Vice President Project Development for BHP Billiton’s Base Metals Division and before that President of Compañía Minera Cerro Colorado of Rio Algom.
- Mr. Covarrubias has been overseeing the mining interests of Turnbrook Corporation prior to the recent consolidation of ownership of the Vizcachitas project.
- Mr. Covarrubias was a banker with the Chase Manhattan Bank for almost a decade, covering the mining sector in Chile. He was based in New York and Santiago and his responsibilities included project financing, structured finance and mergers and acquisitions transactions.
- Mr. Delaveau is a lawyer, graduated from the Catholic University of Chile.
- Chambers and Partners has distinguished Mr. Delaveau in the areas of Natural Resources, Energy, M&A and Capital Markets.
- Mr. Delaveau is a senior partner at Honorato Delaveau & Cia. Prior to that he worked at Aninat Schwencke & Cía. for two years, and Guerrero, Olivos, Novoa y Errázuriz as a partner for 12 years.
- He is specialised in complex and innovative corporate transactions, finance and trade, both in Chile and abroad, and in the development of projects related to energy, mining, natural resources and public concessions.
- Mr. O’Kelly is a graduate of the Royal School of Mines, London.
- He has worked in metalliferous mining throughout the Americas, having previously being employed by Exxon, Anaconda and Rosario Mining Co.
- He also has served as an officer of JP Morgan and a partner of Elders Finance and acted in the capacity of a director of Glamis Gold, Alamos Gold, Northgate, Campbell Mines and Rayrock Resources.
- Mr O’Kelly currently is an independent financial and technical consultant based in Santiago Chile.
- Mr. Covarrubas is an entrepreneur, founder and CEO of Hand, a moving and transportation services company.
- Prior to Hand, he worked with Acfin, the largest master servicer for asset-backed securities in Chile and a leading player in the Mexican market. Prior to Acfin, he worked with Australia Trade Commission expanding and promoting Australian business interests in Chile.
- Mr. Covarrubias began his career in the agri-business sector working with the Conosur winery and Chiquita brands.
- Mr. Miquel has experience working in international investment banking since 1990.
- He has been Country Head for Chile, Peru and Colombia for Societe Generale, Director for Sudameris (Intesa BCI Group), and Country Head for Venezuela and Chile for BNP Paribas.
- During the last 15 years, Mr. Miquel has been working in structuring, negotiating and distributing some of the major transactions in the energy and mining sectors, for multinational and local groups and governments, in South America.