Approval of the 2018 Environmental Impact Statement (DIA)
Successful approval of the DIA for all the drilling carried out on the Company’s Vizcachitas project during 2015-2017 (the “Drilling Campaign”).
Unanimous approval by regional environmental commission is a substantial endorsement for the project going forward and shows that special care being given to environmental and social matters
Environmental Impact Statement (DIA)
In April 2020 the Regional Environmental Committee unanimously approved the drilling permit. This approval contemplates up to 350 drill holes to be completed on up to 124 platforms over the next four years.
The approval covers the required drilling to complete the Pre-Feasibility Study, which is currently underway. Additionally, it covers further exploration drilling and any other drilling that the Project may require as its development advances.
Environmental Impact Study (EIA)
- Required for approval of the construction and operation of the mine.
- This is a comprehensive study including multiple baseline studies and detailed design specifications of key project elements and community participation activities.
- Current work underway includes the identification of environmentally sensitive areas to be avoided during project design, seasonal environmental baseline work and the implementation of the river monitoring stations for hydrology and water quality baseline studies.
- Additional impact studies and baseline work (air quality, paleontological, archeological, etc.) will be required once the Project is further defined.
- The preparation of the EIA approval package lasts 15-18 months.
- While variable, the approval process once filed can last 12-15 months.
- Once the approval has been granted, multiple sectoral permits need to be processed. Approval of the EIA covers the environmental approval of these permits but the processing is still required.